Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Favorite Movies Quotes (8)

Run Lola Run

 

Manni: Lola. What would you do if I died?
Lola: I wouldn't let you die.
Manni: Yeah, well... What if I were fatally ill?
Lola: I'd find a way.
Manni: What if I were in a coma, and the doc said, "One more day"?
Lola: I'd throw you into the ocean... shock therapy.
Manni: What if I were dead anyway?
Lola: What do you want to hear?
Manni: Come on. Tell me.
Lola: I'd go to the Isle of Rugen and cast your ashes to the wind.
Manni: And then?
Lola: I don't know. It's a stupid question.
Manni: I know what you'd do. You'd forget me.
Lola: No!
Manni: Sure you would. What else could you do? Sure, you'd mourn for a few weeks.
Lola: Not a bad idea.
Manni: And everybody's real compassionate... and everything's so incredibly sad, and everyone feels sorry for you. You can show everyone how strong you are. "What a great woman," they'll say. "She really pulls herself together instead of crying all day." And all at once this really nice guy with green eyes shows up. And he's super sensitive, listens to you all day. And you can talk his ear off. And you can tell him how tough things are for you... and that you have to look after yourself and don't know what's gonna happen... and blah, blah, blah. Then you'd hop onto his lap and cross me off your list. That's how it goes.
Lola: Manni!
Manni: What?
Lola: You haven't died yet.



"Man... probably the most mysterious species on our planet. A mystery of unanswered questions. Who are we? Where do we come from? Where are we going? How do we know what we think we know? Why do we believe anything at all? Countless questions in search of an answer... An answer that will give rise to a new question... And the next answer will give rise to the next question and so on. But, in the end, isn't it always the same question? And always the same answer?" - Narrator

******
The Chronicles of Narnia: Price Caspian


"Things never happen the same way twice, dear one." - Aslan

******
Hugo

"I'd imagine the whole world was one big machine. Machines never come with any extra parts, you know. They always come with the exact amount they need. So I figured, if the entire world was one big machine, I couldn't be an extra part. I had to be here for some reason. And that means you have to be here for some reason, too." - Hugo Cabret

"Maybe that's why a broken machine always makes me a little sad, because it isn't able to do what it was meant to do... Maybe it's the same with people. If you lose your purpose... it's like you're broken." - Hugo Cabret

No comments: